The Wellness Center is committed to fostering the personal growth and development of all UIC students. We seek to expose them to knowledge, skills, and experiences that inform and guide their ability to make healthier choices. We believe that connecting students to pertinent and timely lifestyle information promotes their academic, personal and professional success. By adhering to the Eight Dimensions of Wellness we engage and support the Whole student. Subsequently we offer a holistic range of services, resources, referrals and programs that wrap around the emotional, environmental, intellectual, occupational, physical, sexual, social, and spiritual needs of the students.
Important information for students Heading link
Services, resources, and programs that we offer:
- Individual consultations with a health educator to address lifestyle and well-being issues. These consultations are one-time sessions that last for one-hour.
- A variety of workshops that help you to manage life outside of the classroom. Topics include: managing stress, building healthy relationships, moving safely through the big city, studying more effectively, and more.
- A student food pantry called the UIC Pop-Up Pantry. If you find that due to financial constraint’s you are missing meals we will connect you to our student food pantry. It’s open every week Wednesday and Thursday from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. A short registration process is required.
- Assistance to students who are homeless. If you are couch surfing or living in a non-traditional space please reach out to us for resources, referrals, or a conversation about managing all that you have to do.
- Wellness on the move opportunities. We host a variety of programs, tabling sessions, and On-the-Move programming that offer you great information and a fun experience.
- Free wellness related health products. Stop in at our front desk and ask for: ear plugs, band-aids, cough drops, tea, tissue, hand sanitizer, feminine products, and condoms.